Prior to construction, make sure that you have submitted all required documentation to the applicable regulatory agencies.
- Know your Zoning classification - Zoning classification informs
you of what you can build and what your property line setbacks are.
For more information of the Zoning Process, check out the City Zoning page
- Permits Required:
- Septic - if the property is located in an area without sewer
lines, you must contact the Northern Kentucky Health Department.
Download Kentucky Onsite Sewer brochure
- Encroachment - depending on the type of roadway your property abuts.
- Zoning Permit - to download all permit applications see City Zoning Page
- Building Permit - take your approved Zoning Permit and 2 sets of plans to the Grant County Building Inspector's Office
- Septic - if the property is located in an area without sewer lines, you must contact the Northern Kentucky Health Department.
- Grant County Building Department, (859) 824-9608
- Grant County Planning & Zoning, (859) 824-7770
- NKY Health Dept. On-site Sewage Program at (859) 341-4246
- KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Dept. for Public Health, Environmental Management Branch 502-564-4856
- City of Williamstown, (859) 824-3606